In this episode, Dr. Bryant shares his personal journey transitioning from a 20-year civil engineering career into launching his own executive coaching and consulting business. He discusses the events leading him to start his company, how problem-solving skills translated to designing his business model, key leadership traits entrepreneurs need, and lessons learned on balancing his career shift.
[00:00 – 06:00] – From Civil Engineer to Entrepreneur
- 20+ years in engineering research and infrastructure committees
- Personal development sparked interest in executive coaching
- Allowed coaching practice to grow while still working
- Reached tipping point and had to leave job to focus elsewhere
[06:01 – 13:52] – Leveraging Problem-Solving Skills
- Blueprint business model mirrors engineering problem-solving
- Analytical skills instrumental in strategic business building
- Overcame limiting belief I couldn’t balance business and family
[13:53 – 18:43] – Cultivating Key Leadership Traits
- Effective communication vital for clients and presentations
- Authenticity, curiosity and focus build connections
- Helps evolve from technician to multiplier leader
[18:44 – 21:23] – Strategic Career Shift
- Had months of open conversations with spouse
- Laid financial runway before resigning
- Had new contracts lined up before last day of work
Pivot for More in 2024 – https://bit.ly/3QZL3gK
If this content impacts you, please subscribe for more access to the empowering conversations from me and guests working to help you engineer your success!
Text PIVOT to 1-804-913-2579. Make 2024 the year of no regrets.
Use this link to drop a question or a topic that you would like to see covered on a future episode: Questions or topic suggestions.
Let’s connect! Find me on my LinkedIn, Facebook, and Instagram. I’d love to hear from you.
Sign Up for the Email List: https://bit.ly/3QFzcWW
You have the strength of a hero within you.
Check out my website, http://www.engineeryoursuccessnow.com, and learn how to unlock your potential and achieve success both in business and in life.
“Growth is on the other side of your comfort zone” – Dr. James Bryant