In this episode, Holly shares her journey of pushing through physical training to help business owners succeed both in their work and personal lives. She emphasizes the importance of embracing reality when it comes to achieving goals, creating habits and reframing success and failure. Tune in now for an inspiring conversation about the power of mental fitness in order to achieve success in both business and life.
Here’s a bit about Holly’s passion:
Holly Read is a mental fitness business coach and athlete. She takes the mental toughness lessons she’s learned running marathons and applies them to the business world, helping leaders overcome obstacles and move their businesses forward.
Let’s dive in!
[00:01 – 08:42] Overcoming Imposter Syndrome and Achieving Mental Fitness in Business
- Holly Reid is a mental fitness business coach who draws on lessons from being an athlete and training for the Olympics
- Holly helps people improve their businesses and lives by using strategies she has learned from pushing through during her training
- Mental fitness in business is about coming up against challenges, having goals, adjusting to the times, and learning skills to work around
[08:43 – 16:04] Embracing Reality: The Key to Achieving Big Goals
- Embracing reality helps to hit big goals
- Taking inventory of the current situation and creating a plan to use it to reach goals
- Mirror moments: seeing yourself for who you are, not who you project to be
- Messy middle: tunnel vision needed to finish tasks
- Consistency is key: showing up and getting the work done every day
- Mental fitness practices: finding what works for you
[16:05 – 24:10] Learn Practical Mental Fitness Tips From Holly Reeve to Achieve Success and Reframe Failure
- Educate yourself on mental fitness
- Create habits in your life
- Do something you don’t want to do every day
- Take time to not react when a challenge comes your way
- Reframe success and failure as learning opportunities
[24:11 – 32:26] How to Thrive and Win at Work and Home with Mental Fitness
- Reframing what success looks like in a quarter
- Keeping track of inputs and outcomes
- Doing the basics to achieve goals
- Embracing reality and tweaking inputs to get desired output
- Holly’s family of two boys, Titus and Miles
- Setting A, B, and C goals for the year
- Holly’s goal of running two 10Ks this year
- Growing the number of clients served
[32:27 – 33:54] Closing Segment
- Have the strength and provide resistance to move forward
- Connect with Holly (links below)
- Parting Notes
Connect with Holly on Linkedin
Shoot her an email at email@example.com
You have the strength of a hero within you. Check out my website https://betteryou4u.com/ and learn how to unlock your potential and achieve success both in business and in life.
Important Resources to Note:
- Click here https://sleekbio.com/jbryant for important resources mentioned on this podcast.
“Embracing reality actually helps you hit the big goal.” – Holly Read
“If you don’t know anything about mental fitness, educate yourself on it. ” – Holly Read